As your Medical Home/Primary Care Provider, we aspire to provide you with
- Patient centered accessible two-way communication
- Establishment and adherence to evidence-based clinical guidelines
- A general understanding that you, as a patient, exist within an entire framework of family/work/stress/health/illness, rather than just a 15 minute office visit.
Your Obligations as a Patient
- Act as a team member in your health care by following our recommendations and policies
- Communicating openly and honestly about your health and self-care
- Become actively engaged in self-management of any chronic condition
- Every effort should be made to maintain your healthcare appointments with your usual primary care physician - please communicate which physician you would like to see when scheduling your appointment, either by phone or email
- In the event that your assigned primary care physician is not in the office and you are actually ill, we can always schedule you with an alternative physician for that visit, but it is important for your long-term health that one doctor, most familiar with you, continues to be the leader of your health team
Sick Visits for Established Patients
If you are ill and would like to be seen on the same day, contact the office by phone before noon on that day. We have same-day appointments for sick visits, but often they will fill up by noon of that day. We want to make every effort to keep you from needing to visit an urgent care, and have established policies that allow you to be seen even if we are full, for sore throats, urinary tract symptoms, and asthma exacerbations.