A Modern Way to Visit with Your Provider
TeleVisits and how to use them
In an effort to prevent the spread of disease, we are now offering virtual Telehealth visits instead of in person visits for certain situations. All COPC providers are TeleVisit-enabled and are ready to serve your healthcare needs via a virtual Telehealth visit.
You can participate in virtual telehealth visits with a smart phone, tablet, or computer with a camera and microphone. Connection can be established via the Patient Portal, the Healow app on your phone or tablet, or simply by opening a link which can be sent by email or text.
Before you can request a Telehealth visit, you must have an email or smartphone/cell number on file. To access via the portal or Healow app, you must be registered for Patient Portal access. Please contact your primary care provider to provide contact information or register for the portal according to your planned connection method.Contact Your Provider
Requirements for a Telehealth Visit
- A Patient Portal account or the ability to access email or text on a smart device.
- Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox internet browsers if you plan to access by computer is planned. You can download Google Chrome here and Mozilla Firefox here.
- If you are using a desktop computer, a webcam, speakers, and microphone are needed.
- If you want you use your mobile phone, you will need the the ability to access text or email or you can access via the downloaded Healow app. Click here to learn where to download and how to use the Healow app.
Schedule an Appointment
Call your provider's office to schedule a TeleVisit appointment.Call Your Provider
Check your email
You will receive a confirmation email after scheduling a virtual Telehealth visit with your provider including a link to the visit. You will also receive a notification email before the appointment time.
Alternatively, your provider might use a methodology (called updox) to send a text or email to you at the time of the visit.
Join the Telehealth Visit
Click on the “Join this TeleMed Appointment directly” link.
You will be prompted to answer the questionnaire (if applicable). When you finish,
click on “Submit Questionnaire” button.
If you are accessing the appointment via email or text message, simply click on the link you receive.
Enter Your Vitals
You may be prompted to enter in your vitals, this is optional. Click on “Submit Vitals” when you finish.
Perform Compatibility Check
A software compatibility check may run to ensure that the webcam, audio functions, browser, video connection, and bandwidth on your device will work for virtual Telehealth visits. When it has been completed, click on the “Proceed” button.
Wait For Your Provider
You will then be placed in the virtual waiting room where your provider will join shortly.
Tips & Troubleshooting
Ways To Prepare for Your Telehealth Visit
- Decrease the use of bandwidth to ensure a stronger internet connection
- Get other family members/pets out of the room to decrease noise
- Have good lighting
Healow App Overview
Discover how to set up the Healow Patient Portal App to access all your health information from your phone.View Details
Patient Portal Overview
Learn how to read messages, view your appointments, lab results, health records, and more.View Details