Central Ohio Primary Care is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) for our Endocrinology Specialists practice in Columbus, OH. The APP, in collaboration with the Physicians, coordinates the healthcare of patients in the practice during office visits. This position monitors the patient’s status and collects data to evaluate and improve Endocrinology focused care by providing a comprehensive assessment, implementing the appropriate treatment and evaluating the patients progress.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop patient care treatment plans by obtaining medical histories and examining patients during appointment. This includes providing a diagnosis and establishing patient care needs to ensure desired outcomes of care.
- Perform initial consultations and follow up visits.
- Educate patients and caregivers on conditions, outcomes or treatment plan.
- Consult with Physicians and clinical staff regarding issues, treatment plan and progress.
- Prescribe medication dosages, routes and frequencies based on individual patient needs.
- Order, perform and/or interpret results of diagnostic tests when necessary.
- Participate in monitoring patient outcomes. Assure quality of care by adhering to professional standards and procedures set by federal, state and company requirements.
- Maintain accurate records of assessments, follow-ups and evaluations.
- Up to date knowledge of Endocrinology treatments and best practice.
Education, Licensures & Certifications:
- Master's Level Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be considered a Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP) or Physician Assistant (PA) by nationally recognized board in state of Ohio.
- Experience working in a primary care setting as an Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP) or Physicians Assistant in a Endocrinology setting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proficient in clinical practice protocols and delivering primary care
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent listening, communication and documentation skills
- Knowledge of Principles, practices and procedures used in the detection, diagnosis and treatment of common health problems
- Knowledge safety and infection control practices and procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Possesses customer service-oriented mindset
- EPIC experience is helpful